The Corporate Director of Revenue and Channel Management directs and executes the effort to generate incremental market share growth and enhanced profitability through aggressive, strategic, well-resourced and tactically engaged pricing and channel leadership. The effort melds expert above property resources with the General Managers and on-site revenue leaders to optimize financial performance. The effort utilizes our “One Team!” philosophy to effectively bring together insight, analytics and expertise with day to day knowledge and commitment for improved performance.
This leader works with the corporate team and field leadership to develop and implement strategies and tactics to gain growth in market share and financial results. The individual is responsible to supervise the field based revenue management staff in collaboration with property leadership and oversees the use of brand supplied revenue management support.
- Central Leadership and Support – The Director of Revenue and Channel Management is expert, focused strategically as well as tactically and is accountable for the overall effort with clear lines of authority and responsibility. Brand tools as well as B. F. Saul personnel are utilized. The effort is aligned with line management to maintain clear lines of direct authority.
- Aggressively and Consistently Engaged – Using a clustered approach, Revenue Management supports the pricing, availability and channel decisions that are made and executed on a live, consistent basis. Critical market insight and awareness is used to make timely decisions to optimize near and longer term revenues. The engagement involves the General Managers, Directors of Sales and respective Regional Directors.
- Alignment with the Sales and Interactive Revenue Efforts – The Revenue Management effort works with each hotel team and brand resources to optimize performance. The VP of Sales and Marketing works closely with the Director of RM to insure communication, collaboration and decision making is optimized. Bridging the clusters and using market knowledge, the RM team has the ability to bring across the portfolio strategies and tactics that will win. Revenue Management and Interactive Marketing personnel closely collaborate to insure effective distribution and positioning.
- Resourced with Appropriate B. F. Saul Resources and Brand Tools and Support. The RM team – approach is sized and resourced with the correct matrix of brand resources and company personnel to excel. This balance takes into account the relative strengths and commitments of the brands with the needed company personnel to execute the strategy. The investment is sized to the opportunity for performance which is fundamental and significant.
Performance in this role will be measured by the direct revenue impact of their activities and the growth and adoption of appropriate revenue and channel management strategies and actions throughout the organization. The effectiveness of the Corporate Director of Revenue and Channel Management will be measured by achievement in the following goals areas.
- Profit enhancing market Share growth in alignment with the annual business plan.
- Revenue segmentation in relation to budget and business plan objectives.
- Distribution cost savings through the use of channel optimization.
- Development, satisfaction and retention of members of the revenue management team.
- Support of the company mission and management style is paramount as is the direct relationship of trust and confidence among the other corporate team members.